One of the best things to do for your aging loved ones is to keep them enjoying life with fun and meaningful activities. From simple, in-home interaction to outdoor outings, there is always something that families can do together, from young to old. Living in Florida, there is always something to do all throughout the year.
Related Blog: Cultural Activities to Explore in Sarasota
Indoor Activities to Engage the Young and the Old
Whether it's the weather or the capability of an aging senior, there are plenty of fun activities that can be done indoors. Most of all, it's the joy of togetherness.
- Games are the perfect way to help your aging loved one's mind stay active, not to mention the excitement a little competition can bring. Laughter normally comes along with playing games, and it is known to be some of the best medicine.
- CARD GAMES, as simple as Go Fish, can bring happiness to youngsters and their aging loved ones.
- CHECKERS is always a welcomed game for almost any age.
- SCRABBLE is an exceptional game to challenge everyone's mind.
- Puzzles are an excellent way of spending hours of fun together. Maybe you don't have time to complete a puzzle in one day, but it's a great way to leave your aging loved one with the excitement of your return for another hour of mind-shaping entertainment.
- Crafts are also fun activities for the whole family to create wonderful memories together. With the holidays upon us, a Christmas Pom Pom Photo Frame, as found on Fun Family Crafts, can be handed down for generations to come.
Outdoor Activities to Excite the Whole Family
Even if your aging loved one is wheelchair-bound, there are simple activities to enjoy together in the fresh air. Just getting aging seniors out in the fresh outdoors can allow them to feel rejuvenated from the warmth of the sunshine.
- Picnics can happen right in the backyard. Add in a family competition of RING TOSS, and everyone can join in, from sitting to standing.
- Fishing adventures can be from sitting along the beach to casting off a pier. Add a picnic to make it a perfect day.
- Strolling through a zoo can be an exceptional family outing that every age can enjoy. Don't forget to pack a picnic.
Entertaining Events for Extra-Special Time Together
We all love events of many kinds. It's easy to find something enjoyable you and your aging loved one will treasure, any time of the year.
- Holiday events can bring smiles to everyone. Visit Sarasota can help you find a memorable event that is for the entire family.
- Sporting events are another outing to get the whole family cheering for their favorite local team. The Ed Smith Stadium is "the spring training home of the Baltimore Orioles."
- Movies are another fun way to get your aging loved one out of the house, especially on those days when it's too hot or the rainy season is sticking around for days. Disney movies are great, especially when there are young ones in the family.
Sarasota Bay Club: Luxury Retirement Focused on Enriching Lives
If you're looking for an exceptional retirement community, we hope you will visit us at Sarasota Bay Club. Whether you want to fill your days full of activities or you prefer total relaxation, your days are yours to decide how you would like to live them. Our calendars are always filled with activities to keep you healthy and events to make you happy. Not to mention our exciting excursions that allow you to venture out for more entertainment and fun.
We welcome you to come to visit us at Sarasota Bay Club. Not only is our community filled with beauty and friendly faces, but we're also moments away from Florida's unique town of Sarasota.