Sarasota, Florida is an interesting and wonderful place to live. If you are about to retire or know someone who is, it is a great location to consider. Here are 10 interesting facts about Sarasota, Florida that current residents love and you will too!
Related Blog: Can Too Much Exercise Be Harmful To Seniors?
- Sarasota has an average temperature of 72.6 degrees. That means even in the winter, you remain comfortable and warm.
- This city in Florida welcomes 4 million visitors every year. It is a tourist haven, which makes it a great place to live since family members and friends will enjoy coming to visit.
- Sarasota County has 13 public beaches and over 35 miles of powder-soft sand along the beachfront. Sarasota's Siesta Key beach has been consistently named one of the top beaches in the United States.
- The Sarasota County also has over 1,000 public, private and semi-private golf courses for residents and visitors to enjoy. Since the weather is lovely all year long, you can play any time of the year.
- Sarasota County is made up of over 42% water. If you love being near the water, this is the perfect city for you.
- Sarasota was ranked as the best small city in the U.S. There are a lot of small cities in the U.S., making this a high honor for our community.
- Aside from the ocean, Sarasota contains Myakka River, which has 58 miles of canoeing, kayaking and fishing opportunities.
- This town has just over 52,000 residents, an ideal size for a smaller town.
- Sarasota is also home to Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport so it it easy to travel in and out of the area.
- Sarasota contains more Zagat-rated restaurants in a 20-mile radius than any other city in Florida. That means there is always a quality place to eat nearby, no matter what you're hungry for.
Sarasota is just one of many cities you could choose for your retirement. But these facts, among many others, make it an excellent choice for retirement. When you place Sarasota Bay Club on the list, it quickly becomes the preferred choice for a retirement community in Sarasota, Florida. Sarasota Bay Club gives you the luxury retirement community you deserve within a community that allows you to maintain your freedom and independence, all located within sunny and beautiful Sarasota, Florida.