Sarasota, Florida is an interesting and wonderful place to live. If you are about to retire or know someone who is, it is a great location to consider. Here are 10 interesting facts about Sarasota, Florida that current residents love and you will too!
Related Blog: 5 Senior Social Clubs in the Sarasota Area
- Sarasota has an average temperature of 72.6 degrees. That means even in the winter, you remain comfortable and warm.
- This city in Florida welcomes 4 million visitors every year. It is a tourist haven, which makes it a great place to live since family members and friends will enjoy coming to visit.
- Sarasota County has 13 public beaches and over 35 miles of powder-soft sand along the beachfront. Sarasota's Siesta Key beach has been consistently named one of the top beaches in the United States.
- The Sarasota County also has over 1,000 public, private and semi-private golf courses for residents and visitors to enjoy. Since the weather is lovely all year long, you can play any time of the year.
- Sarasota County is made up of over 42% water. If you love being near the water, this is the perfect city for you.
- Sarasota was ranked as the best small city in the U.S. There are a lot of small cities in the U.S., making this a high honor for our community.
- Aside from the ocean, Sarasota contains Myakka River, which has 58 miles of canoeing, kayaking and fishing opportunities.
- This town has just over 52,000 residents, an ideal size for a smaller town.
- Sarasota is also home to Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport so it it easy to travel in and out of the area.
- Sarasota contains more Zagat-rated restaurants in a 20-mile radius than any other city in Florida. That means there is always a quality place to eat nearby, no matter what you're hungry for.